Deep Sleep with BLE advertising

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
D_Sd_3235936
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 50 questions asked 25 replies posted

My goal, Some info:

I am running my device as slave, and I will be sending the device to deep sleep only when it is Advertising.

Furthermore, i don't have an external clock, and i will be trying to send the device to DEEP_SLEEP and wake it up using a WDT.

My WDT is configured to interrupt every 1 sec.

How do i configure the Advertising to not interfere with sleep?

Or what do i need to do  before  entering deep sleep to be sure BLE Advertisemnt won't wake me up (only the WDT) ?

How can i switch off or pause advertisement before sleep?

How can i turn back Advertisement on after WDT isr?

I dont wont to stop ble and then start stack again.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

According to the BLE stack implementation at every advertising and connection interval  one Bless interrupt triggers which wakes up the BLESS hardware as well system (PSoC) from the Low Power Mode (DeepSleep).

So, if you set your advertising interval at 1 Sec and use the Low Power Modes , your device will wake up at every 1 sec ,will advertise and will sleep again and continue....

Please refer the Application Note - http://www.cypress.com/file/140991/download   for more details.

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

According to the BLE stack implementation at every advertising and connection interval  one Bless interrupt triggers which wakes up the BLESS hardware as well system (PSoC) from the Low Power Mode (DeepSleep).

So, if you set your advertising interval at 1 Sec and use the Low Power Modes , your device will wake up at every 1 sec ,will advertise and will sleep again and continue....

Please refer the Application Note - http://www.cypress.com/file/140991/download   for more details.

-Gyan

0 Likes