Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
shge_4395051
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted First solution authored

Hello 

I cannot achieve the specified currents outlined in the datahsheet in deep sleep mode.  I've created a simple project with a BLE module (see attached).  I'm reading 1.28 mA.  If I download and program using the Capsense Slider example code, I can see about 1.3uA.  This demonstrates the hardware is working fine.     I suspect there is some stray current on one of the pins that I need to deal with.  Could anyone provide some feedback as to how I can achieve 1.3uA?

Here is the setup and configuration:

Board/Device:  CY8CKIT-042 BASEBOARD WITH CY8C4248LQI-BL583

Settings: 3.3V

Configuration:  Debug Select is set to GPIO

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @shge_4395051 

We will go through the details which you shared.

Mean while please refer to the low power appnote : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN92584_Designing_for_Low_Power_and_Estimating_Battery_Life_f...

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @shge_4395051 

We will go through the details which you shared.

Mean while please refer to the low power appnote : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN92584_Designing_for_Low_Power_and_Estimating_Battery_Life_f...

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

Thanks Anjana,

This is the first time I've seen this document.  I will read through it.  I would still appreciate it if you could provide some feedback too on my project.

-Shawn

0 Likes
shge_4395051
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted First solution authored

I applied the information from AN92584 and can now see 1.5 uA in deep sleep mode.  Although I did not implement an interrupt for wakeup, it appears my system is waking up every 5 seconds and then going back to sleep.  Any ideas why?  

0 Likes

Hello, 

The BLESS interrupt will wakes up the system from the Deep-Sleep mode for every advertising interval or connection interval. 

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes