Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 4 Forum Discussions

raga_2618521
Level 1
Level 1
Code Expert

Hi

We used PSOC 4 CY8C4246AZI-L445 USB controller. We use this controller for single USB output for keyboard and mouse data.

But our customer windows 7 PC not connected to internet the keyboard can not find driver.

Please suggest how to download USB HID driver or send any cypress USB HID driver file.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta
250 solutions authored 100 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Most PC operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux, include HID drivers. Therefore the HID project should work automatically.

The steps to manually choose a HID driver for the USB device  by:

1. Open Device Manager and right-click on the device, and select Update Driver Software.

2. Choose Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have Disk.

3. Then navigate to the location of the HID driver already provided by windows. I have Windows 10 currently the the location for HID driver is: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\hidusb.sys

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ekta
250 solutions authored 100 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Most PC operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux, include HID drivers. Therefore the HID project should work automatically.

The steps to manually choose a HID driver for the USB device  by:

1. Open Device Manager and right-click on the device, and select Update Driver Software.

2. Choose Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have Disk.

3. Then navigate to the location of the HID driver already provided by windows. I have Windows 10 currently the the location for HID driver is: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\hidusb.sys

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards

Ekta