Cypress USB HID Driver for windows 7 system

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
raga_2618521
Level 1
Level 1
Code Expert

Hi

We used PSOC 4 CY8C4246AZI-L445 USB controller. We use this controller for single USB output for keyboard and mouse data.

But our customer windows 7 PC not connected to internet the keyboard can not find driver.

Please suggest how to download USB HID driver or send any cypress USB HID driver file.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Most PC operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux, include HID drivers. Therefore the HID project should work automatically.

The steps to manually choose a HID driver for the USB device  by:

1. Open Device Manager and right-click on the device, and select Update Driver Software.

2. Choose Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have Disk.

3. Then navigate to the location of the HID driver already provided by windows. I have Windows 10 currently the the location for HID driver is: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\hidusb.sys

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Most PC operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux, include HID drivers. Therefore the HID project should work automatically.

The steps to manually choose a HID driver for the USB device  by:

1. Open Device Manager and right-click on the device, and select Update Driver Software.

2. Choose Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have Disk.

3. Then navigate to the location of the HID driver already provided by windows. I have Windows 10 currently the the location for HID driver is: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\hidusb.sys

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards

Ekta