Cypress PK51 license for PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I use from few month the Cypress Pscoc designer IDE that make use of the Cypress-specific Keil PK51 toolchain.

From today when I launch the IDE, it prompts me to register a new licence:

"The license for the Cypress-specific Keil PK51 toolchain has expired. You will not be able to use the toolchain to build PSoC3 designs. Use this registration dialog to register/renew the license. This dialog has been opened because your Keil PK51 license is expired or nearly expired. You can also open this dialog from the Help ->Register menu. If you don't want to be reminded when PSoC Creator starts, you may disable this dialog in the Tools->Options->Project Management menu."

So I click to go to register licence on: https://www.keil.com/license/install.htm?C=CTJN6-9506D&P=IKA1P-M6Q0E-8W7ST

But the registration form submission fails with this error message :

" Problems were detected with the information submitted. Please correct these issues and re-submit the form.

A problem was encountered with your Serial Number. Please contact Technical Support and report code 9939 for assistance with your installation. They will work quickly to help you obtain the proper license code for your product."

So I ask to the Keil-arm support to help me, they responds me:

"this is a known issue with this free-of-charge Cypress PK51 license. This license has expired recently, which Cypress has not yet renewed the contract with us. More info please refer to this post http://www.keil.com/forum/64003/"

Really this licence expiration would not have been a problem if when I compile my project no error are displayed but when I programm the project on my CYBLE-202007-01 BLE module, the programmation is OK but nothing run in the module. With the same project with the not expired licence all was working properly.

What can I do to be able to compile my project properly again? I don't want to have to purchase a licence from Keil as it's mentionned somewhere on this Keil support posts.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The licenses have been made available for a week, deadline being December 22nd to help everyone resume work if they have been stalled because of this. Please make use of this opportunity to get the license as soon as possible.

What happens after December 22nd?

We are in pursuit of renewing the license and it will be available soon like it was before, but since we do not want your work to be affected until that, the licenses are being made available for a week as a temporary solution.

Please refer the following link for registration:

PSoC Creator™ - Keil Compiler Registration - KBA83314

Please follow this KBA for further information, all notifications will be provided there: Problem Registering Keil License: Error Code 9939 - KBA225736

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
DheerajK_81

Yes, many users are facing this issue. The license might have expired, we are looking into this. All updates will be posted here once this issue has been resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Time is running out.  Please, when is this issue going to be fixed?

Regards,

Ron Patton

0 Likes

Hello Ron,

We have been notified of the issue. It will be fixed soon, thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think that it will be available before the end of year? I have project in progress and It's not very convenient to use a colleague's PC to work.

0 Likes
DECh_1002081
Level 1
Level 1

I am a teacher and I use PSoC Creator to train my students and to do projects.

It is currently impossible for me to work because the Keil licenses have expired (code 9939).

What does Cypress offer? The purchase of their components is compromised if they can no longer be programmed.

Is there a Keil version for education?

Thank you for your answers.

0 Likes

Answering several questions:

Q. Do you think that it will be available before the end of year?

A. Yes, we are working hard to get this renewed as soon as possible and it should be available by the end of the year.

Q. What does Cypress offer? The purchase of their components is compromised if they can no longer be programmed.

A. We totally agree. This is critical for our products and hence we are working to get this renewed as soon as possible.

Q. Is there a Keil version for education?

A. There is a full version license which you could buy here, though I don't think there is anything subsidized for education as such.

Please wait for the free license if not urgent.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
DheerajK_81

The licenses have been made available for a week, deadline being December 22nd to help everyone resume work if they have been stalled because of this. Please make use of this opportunity to get the license as soon as possible.

What happens after December 22nd?

We are in pursuit of renewing the license and it will be available soon like it was before, but since we do not want your work to be affected until that, the licenses are being made available for a week as a temporary solution.

Please refer the following link for registration:

PSoC Creator™ - Keil Compiler Registration - KBA83314

Please follow this KBA for further information, all notifications will be provided there: Problem Registering Keil License: Error Code 9939 - KBA225736

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes