CySySTick wakes up system from deep seep.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
D_Sd_3235936
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 50 questions asked 25 replies posted

Working on PSOC 4 with BLE.

Putting system to sleep in Deep Sleep mode.

According to documents this should disable the ECO and IMO high frequency clocks.

BUT, system kept waking up!

My solution was to add the CySySTickStop();

and only than it appears to work.

Can you please support on this issue?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

SysTick timer is part of the Cortex M0 (PSoC 4) devices. The timer is a down counter with a 24-bit reload/tick value that is clocked by the System clock (or LF clock for the PSoC 4100 BLE and PSoC 4200 BLE devices). The timer has the capability to generate an interrupt when the set number of ticks expires and the counter is reloaded. This interrupt can be used as a wakeup source when system is in Sleep mode but SysTick interrupt cannot act as a wakeup source when the system is in Deep Sleep mode.

Can you please share me the project so we can see what actually the issue is.

Thanks,

PSYU.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

SysTick timer is part of the Cortex M0 (PSoC 4) devices. The timer is a down counter with a 24-bit reload/tick value that is clocked by the System clock (or LF clock for the PSoC 4100 BLE and PSoC 4200 BLE devices). The timer has the capability to generate an interrupt when the set number of ticks expires and the counter is reloaded. This interrupt can be used as a wakeup source when system is in Sleep mode but SysTick interrupt cannot act as a wakeup source when the system is in Deep Sleep mode.

Can you please share me the project so we can see what actually the issue is.

Thanks,

PSYU.

0 Likes
ShanmathiN_06
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hello,

Are you using debugger while the device in deep sleep mode?

Also, did you try measuring the current to confirm if the device is in deep sleep mode?

Thanks,
Shanmathi

0 Likes