Announcements

Equip yourself to optimize PSoc4 MCUs for Evs at the EV Webinar. Click here to register.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 4 Forum Discussions

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

i have a problem with function "CyBle_GapSetLocalName", first i put a name, e.g the name is "+" and i change for "A".

so i use the function "CyBle_GapGetLocalName" and i see if the name really changed(this function returns "A").

However when i go to look for the device on my phone ,the name continues"+".

0 Likes
1 Solution

Here is a demo project to show the API usage. On programming ,device will advertise with name 'Find Me Target' -> Now connect to a Central Device -> Disconnect -> Again Scan in the Central Device -> You will see a different Device Name.

You can attach your project, so that we can have a look on your implementation.

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
Moderator
Moderator
Moderator
500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Did you try to connect your phone with the device. Some phone will not update the device untill you connect with it. This happens because of the BLE driver on the phone side.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I already tried!

0 Likes

Here is a demo project to show the API usage. On programming ,device will advertise with name 'Find Me Target' -> Now connect to a Central Device -> Disconnect -> Again Scan in the Central Device -> You will see a different Device Name.

You can attach your project, so that we can have a look on your implementation.

-Gyan

0 Likes