Custom Advertisement with PSoC4 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MKN_4249821
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Is it possible to change the advertising name of BLE on CY8C4248LQI-BL583?

I have given only local name to advertise and I want to change it on run time whenever I send data through serially in particular pattern. It is not taking the new data properly

Ex: If I send {CYPRESS_BLE} it should advertise CYPRESS_BLE but I'm getting only CYPRESS in my phone. If I give {PSOC_BLE} it should advertise PSOC_BLE but I'm getting only PSOC. Why is it happening like that?

BLE component version is v3.63.

I am attaching the project and Serial Termial Output for your reference. Please help me as soon as possible.

Regards,

MKN

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Could you please modify line no: 95 of your main.c as below and see if this issue gets resolved?

"new_advData.advData[ADV_DATA_NAME_START_INDEX+j] = '\0';"

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please refer Day009 Dynamic broadcaster code example from the link below.

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub

Please cross check whether your application is following the same firmware flow and update us.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi Ganesh,

My code flow is almost the same but I have not made the device as broadcaster and also I'm not using low power mode. It's in profile mode and I want to change only the device name not other data. I am advertising only device name and no other parameters. Also it is in connectable undirected advertising.

It is taking the updated data but not properly. It advertises only half of the name. Do I need to update the BLE component?

Thanks

MKN

0 Likes

Hello,

Could you please modify line no: 95 of your main.c as below and see if this issue gets resolved?

"new_advData.advData[ADV_DATA_NAME_START_INDEX+j] = '\0';"

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hi Sudheesh,

It worked after changing that line no. 95. There was my mistake. Thank you for solving it.

Thanks

MKN

0 Likes