Controller type via PSoC Programmer CLI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bigby
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi folks,

today I want to discuss the PSoC Programmer Command Line Interface (ppcli).

We have a product where the MCU can be of several types.
For every type there is a suitable hexfile.

We have a GUI that uses ppcli.
Up till now there was only one controller type used so the type and hexfile path were fixed in the code.

But now we need the GUI to automatically estimate the type of the connected controller and choose the according hexfile. I found the Command PSoC4_GetSiliconID, but this only gives me a cryptic number.

Is there any translation table? Or do I have to check every single controller type and adding it to the GUI?

Also are these IDs unique? Might be a stupid question but I just want to make sure.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

Cypress has a couple of articles with brief explanations.  You'll need to do more digging.
KBA218854, with some useful links:
Silicon ID and Cypress ID in Select Debug Target W... - Infineon Developer Community
KBA221305
Silicon ID Mismatch while Programming PSoC® Device... - Infineon Developer Community

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

Cypress has a couple of articles with brief explanations.  You'll need to do more digging.
KBA218854, with some useful links:
Silicon ID and Cypress ID in Select Debug Target W... - Infineon Developer Community
KBA221305
Silicon ID Mismatch while Programming PSoC® Device... - Infineon Developer Community

Hope this helps.

Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Bigby

Adding to @BiBi_1928986's response, please refer to Table 1-1. Programming Values on page 5 of the PSoC 4 Programming Specification.

Additionally, as you are developing a GUI application you can directly use the PPCOM APIs instead. Please have a look at the examples in this directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes