Connecting SPI Flash - looking for good example or app note

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm connecting a SPI Flash (S25FL116K) to my CYBLE-022001-00 (PRoC BLE module)

I was told there are good examples and app notes on this topic, but my searches don't seem fruitful.

Can anyone share example code or app note(s) on this please.  

I tried to download the project from the 100 projects in 100 days, Project051_NOR_Flash_Bootloader External Memory Bootloader using NOR Flash.  However, when I downloaded the .zip file, it appeared empty and I was not able to extract any files.  I know that's a different problem, but thought I would mention it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

There are sample projects available for the SPI master component - just right click on it. Tro read the device ID as a first try to get it goind. After that, its just a matter of sending the correct commands.

If the ZIP cannot be extracted, either you are not using the correct extractor program (maybe try 7-zip), or its corrupt (can you share a link?).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the link again now, now the file downloads and can open it.

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Project051...

is the link... 

thank you for your response!  I will take a look at your suggestions and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

0 Likes