Configuration for using PSOC4L DP and DM ports as GPIO

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NXTY_Inoue
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
5 likes given First like given First like received

Dear sir,

I have a question about VBUS terminal processing for PSOC4L.
When using the DP/DM ports in this device as GPIO (not using USBFS), can I leave VBUS open? Or should it be fixed to VDD?

I thought that if these ports for USBFS were completely separated from VDDIO, they might not function as GPIO unless VBUS was applied.

Is it correct to understand that the DP/DM port can be used as GPIO without depending on VBUS processing?

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
AikoO_51
100 sign-ins First question asked 50 solutions authored

- When using the DP/DM ports in this device as GPIO (not using USBFS), can I leave VBUS open?

A. Yes, it should work fine.

- Is it correct to understand that the DP/DM port can be used as GPIO without depending on VBUS processing?

A. Yes, it could be used as GPIO, and it's described theGPIO drive mode for DM and DP in Resister TRM.

You can refer to the section "41.1.3 USBDEVv2_USB_USBIO_CTRL" in 001-98126 Rev. *C.

Aiko Ohtaka
Infineon Technologies

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AikoO_51
100 sign-ins First question asked 50 solutions authored

- When using the DP/DM ports in this device as GPIO (not using USBFS), can I leave VBUS open?

A. Yes, it should work fine.

- Is it correct to understand that the DP/DM port can be used as GPIO without depending on VBUS processing?

A. Yes, it could be used as GPIO, and it's described theGPIO drive mode for DM and DP in Resister TRM.

You can refer to the section "41.1.3 USBDEVv2_USB_USBIO_CTRL" in 001-98126 Rev. *C.

Aiko Ohtaka
Infineon Technologies
0 Likes