Code optimization and Dynamic memory allocation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DeAa_335316
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I need Code optimization and Dynamic memory allocation related  document and videos. which i can apply in my project.  

What the factor i have to consider while optimization?

How to allocate DMA in my project?

what are the testing method i can select  for my project and HOW ?

# i am using Designer 3.0 SP1 + MiniProg3 -->Target Device --> CYBLE 02200001

*Please Help me 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You took something wrong: Designer is for PSoC1 chips only and your target device is probably a CYBLE-022001-00 (correct me, if I am wrong).

You will need PSoC Creator latest version which is now 3.3.

There is no fixed percentage that optimization will save, I would suggest you to try it, using "speed" or "size" optimization compared to "none" or "Debug".

The PRoC CYBLE-022001-00 module has not got any DMA, so you'll need to use "poor man's DMA" 😉 which means memcpy() or something similar.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You took something wrong: Designer is for PSoC1 chips only and your target device is probably a CYBLE-022001-00 (correct me, if I am wrong).

You will need PSoC Creator latest version which is now 3.3.

There is no fixed percentage that optimization will save, I would suggest you to try it, using "speed" or "size" optimization compared to "none" or "Debug".

The PRoC CYBLE-022001-00 module has not got any DMA, so you'll need to use "poor man's DMA" 😉 which means memcpy() or something similar.

Bob

0 Likes