Changing raw count percent without touch in case of manual calibration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoIs_1298666
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hello,

In case of disabling auto-calibration in manual tuning, we can not use "cystatus CapSense_CSDCalibrateWidget (uint32  widgetId, uint32  target) ".

pastedImage_0.png

We can set iDAC with API like below.

CapSense_SetParam (CapSense_BUTTON0_IDAC_MOD0_PARAM_ID, 14);

How we set raw count percent with API like CapSense_CSDCalibrateWidget?

Can we set it with CapSense_SetParam?

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Takashi_M
1000 replies posted 500 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Still not sure the background of this inquiry... however, try to answer the questions...

if you would like to set the target of "Raw count percent" manually, there are two method to change target "Raw count percent".

- 1 -  use "Show Expression View" in PSoC Creator, and set the required target percentage to CsdRawCountCalibrationLevel in CapSense component configuration.

Select the menu "Tools" --> "Options".

pastedImage_0.png

Select "Component Catalog" and check "Enable Param Edit Views"

pastedImage_1.png

In the CapSense component configuration, right click on "Advanced" tab and select "Show Expression View".

pastedImage_2.png

Set the required percent to the "CsdRawCountCalibrationLevel"

pastedImage_3.png

- 2 - Manually change the macro "CapSense_CSD_RAWCOUNT_CAL_LEVEL" value in CapSense_Configuration.h to the required percentage.

And, it would be good to perform auto-calibration first, then manually change parameters.

Note that some CapSense parameters can be changed by CapSense_SetParam(), but not for macros.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
YoIs_1298666
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hello,

I feel like I understood.

I selected a single iDAC mode.

So, if I set the raw count without touch, I must select the iDAC value to be like that.

Is this correct?

pastedImage_0.png

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes

First of all, the target of raw count percent is 85%, when auto-calibration is used.

For manual tuning, you has to consider the equations described in design guide, especially for Equation 3-9 to Equation 3-12.

https://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download

Best practice would be that you perform auto-calibration first and then perform manual tuning (changing IDAC parameters) to get your target of raw count.

0 Likes

Hello,

This quesiton is not used "auto-calibration".

Can we set it with only CapSense_SetParam?

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes

yes, I understand your question is for "auto-calibration".

However, I can not completely understand why you would like to set "Raw count percent".

could you please elaborate the background of this inquiry?

0 Likes
Takashi_M
1000 replies posted 500 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Still not sure the background of this inquiry... however, try to answer the questions...

if you would like to set the target of "Raw count percent" manually, there are two method to change target "Raw count percent".

- 1 -  use "Show Expression View" in PSoC Creator, and set the required target percentage to CsdRawCountCalibrationLevel in CapSense component configuration.

Select the menu "Tools" --> "Options".

pastedImage_0.png

Select "Component Catalog" and check "Enable Param Edit Views"

pastedImage_1.png

In the CapSense component configuration, right click on "Advanced" tab and select "Show Expression View".

pastedImage_2.png

Set the required percent to the "CsdRawCountCalibrationLevel"

pastedImage_3.png

- 2 - Manually change the macro "CapSense_CSD_RAWCOUNT_CAL_LEVEL" value in CapSense_Configuration.h to the required percentage.

And, it would be good to perform auto-calibration first, then manually change parameters.

Note that some CapSense parameters can be changed by CapSense_SetParam(), but not for macros.

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

What do you mean "but not for macros"?

> Note that some CapSense parameters can be changed by CapSense_SetParam(), but not for macros.

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes

For example,

#define CapSense_CSD_RAWCOUNT_CAL_LEVEL       (85u)

defined in CapSense_Configuration.h.

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you very much.

I could change the gain below.

CapSense_SetParam (CapSense_BUTTON0_IDAC_MOD0_PARAM_ID, 16);

CapSense_Start();   /* Initialize CapSense Component */

Your two methods are changing IDAC value and feeding back the raw counts that is not touched the finger repeatedly, right?

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes

The answer for additional question would be "YES".

The above two methods (below - 0 -, - 1 -) set the target percent of raw count, the chip will automatically change IDAC(Auto-Calibration) to move raw count(no touch)  at the target we set.

- 0 - set the target raw count percent

- 1 - IDAC is tuned by auto-calibration with the changed target percent

- 2 - other parameters will be changed by manual tuning

0 Likes