Central device drops connection when observing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaOs_4314736
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi,

I'm working with a PSoC 4 BLE device project. After pairing two devices, the device in central role starts observing and the peripheral device starts broadcasting I'm seeing the connection drop occasionally after the central device starts observing. Here is the method that starts observing. Any help would be appreciated.

void StartObserving(void)

{

cyBle_discoveryInfo.scanTo = CYBLE_SLOW_SCAN_TIMEOUT;

cyBle_discoveryInfo.scanIntv = CYBLE_SLOW_SCAN_INTERVAL;

cyBle_discoveryInfo.scanWindow = CYBLE_SLOW_SCAN_WINDOW;

cyBle_discoveryInfo.scanType = 0;

cyBle_scanningIntervalType = CYBLE_SCANNING_SLOW;

CyBle_GapcStartDiscovery(&cyBle_discoveryInfo);

}

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello JaOs_4314736 ,

I had tested the Day_20_BLE_UART example project, in which when the devices got connected, the device in central role starts observing and the peripheral device starts broadcasting and I'm not seeing the connection drop after the central device starts observing.
Could you please check the attached projects ? If possible, please share your project so that we can check at our end.

Thanks
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

1. Have you used the PSoC 4 BLE code examples (Bay 007 and Day 011) in the Github code examples page for developing your Central and Peripheral applications?

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub

2. What is the disconnection reason you are getting on central side as well as peripheral side?

3. What are the devices you are using in Central side as well as Peripheral side?

4. If you are using BLE modules, please check the following link:

ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990

5. Please attach your Central and Peripheral projects if possible so that we can test here.

Thanks

Ganesh

1. Have you used the PSoC 4 BLE code examples (Bay 007 and Day 011) in the Github code examples page for developing your Central and Peripheral applications?

Yes, I've looked at both.

2. What is the disconnection reason you are getting on central side as well as peripheral side?

CYBLE_HCI_CONNECTION_TERMINATED_LOCAL_HOST_ERROR

3. What are the devices you are using in Central side as well as Peripheral side?

Central - CYBLE-212019-00   Peripheral - CYBLE-022001-00

4. If you are using BLE modules, please check the following link:

Okay, I did. Note both devices are normally peripherals and have never seen any issues dropping connections before, only now. Both have been in production and working for many years. This is a new project in which one device (a vacuum pump) is getting updates from another device (a vacuum gauge). The vacuum pump switches from peripheral to central and connects to the vacuum gauge. The vacuum gauge then starts advertising so a phone app also gets updates and the vacuum pump scans to get commands from the phone app.

ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990

5. Please attach your Central and Peripheral projects if possible so that we can test here.

Sorry, not allowed to post company software.

The disconnect reason is from the central device, I didn't look at the peripheral since the error indicates the central device is dropping the connection

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello JaOs_4314736 ,

I had tested the Day_20_BLE_UART example project, in which when the devices got connected, the device in central role starts observing and the peripheral device starts broadcasting and I'm not seeing the connection drop after the central device starts observing.
Could you please check the attached projects ? If possible, please share your project so that we can check at our end.

Thanks
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes