Capsense technology

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Isela31
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello everyone
I am trying to design an altimeter sensor for a liquid with specific geometric dimensions. Has anyone used capsense technology for this? I used the CY8CKIT-022 kit and it gives a fairly accurate result but unfortunately the sensor does not fit the geometric dimensions I need.
If there is anyone who has experimented with the design of such a sensor, I would appreciate a general explanation of how you approached the problem and what you did, also possible privately. If anyone has seen a good post on the subject that would also help

many thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
PandaS
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi @Isela31 ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Sobhit Panda
Infineon Technologies

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PandaS

Hi @Isela31 ,

Could you please tell us roughly, how the shape of the container would be for your design application.

Warm regards,

Sobhit

0 Likes
Isela31
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi @PandaS  

The location of the sensor is on top of a liquid container, and it has a relatively narrow space (about 2 cm). 

If you could point me to examples of sensors that can be used independently, that would be very helpful

Many thanks in advence 

0 Likes
PandaS

Hi @Isela31 ,

Could you please share a drawing for the same. Basically, what I understand is you want something like proximity - measuring the height of liquid from top, am I correct?

Liquid level sensing works on the principle of measurement of liquid level from the Segments present on the side of the container. The concept and sensor is made that way.

Warm regards,

Sobhit

0 Likes
PandaS

Hi @Isela31 ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Sobhit Panda
Infineon Technologies