Capsense button sharing for a single signal

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
svvkarthik
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi All,

In our Design we have few Capsense signals which is going to two Capsense button. Whether the Button sharing for Same signal is acceptable in PSOC-4100s Max.

Can you please provide the clarification on the same ASAP. Attached the picture for your reference.

svvkarthik_0-1675349315964.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @svvkarthik ,

I understand that you are trying to run a single trace through multiple sensors, thus shorting them and creating a single sensor. Is this your desired implementation?

When multiple sensors on board are shorted, the capacitance gets added. Care should be taken that this is within the supported sensor capacitance range. PSoC 4100 S-MAX has 5th generation CapSense, and the supported Cs range is 2pF to 200pF. This is a very large range, and most of the applications have their sensor capacitance within this. However, I recommend you check the total sensor capacitance to comply with the above range.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @svvkarthik ,

I understand that you are trying to run a single trace through multiple sensors, thus shorting them and creating a single sensor. Is this your desired implementation?

When multiple sensors on board are shorted, the capacitance gets added. Care should be taken that this is within the supported sensor capacitance range. PSoC 4100 S-MAX has 5th generation CapSense, and the supported Cs range is 2pF to 200pF. This is a very large range, and most of the applications have their sensor capacitance within this. However, I recommend you check the total sensor capacitance to comply with the above range.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes