CapSense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Satoooooo
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I have an question.

Im using "CapSense_P4" component in my program.

I want to change baseline raw count in any time by using API. 

I have already tried to change baseline raw count by using API "CapSense_SetParam(pramid, value)",
but it looked like no change.

I show a part of current program below :

<program>

CapSense_1_SetParam (0x8200002Eu, 800);
 CapSense_1_GetParam (0x8200002Eu, &idac_f1);       //←idac_f1 is not 800

<RegisterMap>

#define CapSense_1_BUTTON0_SNS0_BSLN0_PARAM_ID (0x8200002Eu)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @Satoooooo 

The baseline parameter cannot be written by the host. This value is written by the CapSense middleware and is not to be written by the user. You can check if a value can be written by the application in two ways - 

1. Checking the paramID. The paramID for the baseline in a sample project that I created is 0x88000030. The 29th bit indicates if the parameter is Read-only or Read/Write. In this case, the Baseline value can only be read by the application. 

Hari_0-1655285447202.png

2. You can also check if a parameter can be written by generating the register map (CapSense configurator > Export Register Map > Export as PDF). Here, the parameter will show if Host access is R or R/W. 

Hari_1-1655285539249.png

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @Satoooooo 

The baseline parameter cannot be written by the host. This value is written by the CapSense middleware and is not to be written by the user. You can check if a value can be written by the application in two ways - 

1. Checking the paramID. The paramID for the baseline in a sample project that I created is 0x88000030. The 29th bit indicates if the parameter is Read-only or Read/Write. In this case, the Baseline value can only be read by the application. 

Hari_0-1655285447202.png

2. You can also check if a parameter can be written by generating the register map (CapSense configurator > Export Register Map > Export as PDF). Here, the parameter will show if Host access is R or R/W. 

Hari_1-1655285539249.png

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
Satoooooo
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thank you for your answering to my question.

I understood what you told.
Baseline raw count is fully managed by middleware, so I can't control it on my own.

I am looking for another solustion.
If I want to ask again, I will post my question here,

0 Likes