CapSense_Csd_P4_Trackpad_Gestures with Capsense v7.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dabo_4430311
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

is there a reference for changing the Capsense Gesture component in the code example 'CapSense_Csd_P4_Trackpad_Gestures' to the component CapSense v7.0?

Code changes?

thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi dabo_4430311

You can refer the Migration Guide section provided in the CapSense V6 component datasheet for details on moving to the new component. This is relevant for the new component (V7.0) also. The datasheet can be found in link: https://www.cypress.com/file/442046/download

You can also refer the CapSense Design guide for details on Gestures.

Do let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Hari

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hari

Hi dabo_4430311

The new CapSense version is not backwards compatible with the old CapSense_CSD component. Hence the code needs to be changed for implementing the features with new component.

Gestures are supported supported only with the PSoC 4S devices which have the latest CapSense IP through the V7 component. Please let me know the device that you are using so that I can support your request better.

Thanks and regards,

Harigovind

0 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply,

I’m trying to have the code running on a CYBLE-214015-01, so a PSoC 4 ble, which should support gestures with capsense v7.0 component, however as you said the code is not compatible with the old Capsense Gestures component.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Hari

Hi dabo_4430311

You can refer the Migration Guide section provided in the CapSense V6 component datasheet for details on moving to the new component. This is relevant for the new component (V7.0) also. The datasheet can be found in link: https://www.cypress.com/file/442046/download

You can also refer the CapSense Design guide for details on Gestures.

Do let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Hari