CapSense_Csd_P4_Trackpad_Gestures, code example, driver error when connecting to Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dabo_4430311
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I'm trying to use the code example CapSense_Csd_P4_Trackpad_Gestures on a CYBLE_214015_01 (psoc 4 ble), but I keep getting a driver error when connecting it to a Windows 10 pc, after a first connection is accomplished.

I read that the code would work better with Windows 8, is there a way to have it rwork on windows 10 or do I need to modify or write any drivers?

Thank you

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thats seems to be the issue with older BLE component. We need to confirm. Meanwhile, please check the code example BLE_HID_Keyboard present in the PSoC Creator 4.2 code examples. Using this project, you wont get the driver error.

The code example you have mentioned uses older version of CapSense component. Please use the latest version of CapSense component which includes gesture capability inside it.

You can refer the code examples CE224820 and CE224821 which are available in PSoC Creator 4.2 which implements gestures on CapSense slider as well as CapSense trackpad.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Yes it works now thank you, but with the old capsense gestures component. I read that in the newest one some of the functions are not present such as GetDiffDoubleCentroidPos() GetDoubleTouchCentroidPos(), which seem to be necessary in the code for translating trackpad input to the pointer movement, do you know if there are already converted functions of this kind? or if there's an easier way, with the new capsense component, to translate trackpad touches to the pointer movement, also considering ballistic multiplier?

thank you

0 Likes

Hi,

There are no direct APIs for getting difference in centroid positions in the latest CapSense component. The user has to implement on their own based on the available APIs. This is because the implementation of CapSense APIs has been changed from CapSense component version 3.0 .

If the CapSense_Gesture component currently used by you is working fine, then you can use that. Please check whether you are getting good SNR. If not please update the thread.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi, I'm currently using Capsense v7.0, and to have the difference I use the values from the ballistic multiplier:

touchPos[0]=CapSense_TOUCHPAD0_POS_X_DELTA_VALUE;

touchPos[1]=CapSense_TOUCHPAD0_POS_Y_DELTA_VALUE;

and I update the position on the screen of the pointer based on those 2 values.

0 Likes