Cannot program CY8C4014SXI-420

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AlbertoTG11
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Because of market availability we remake a board that curretly mount CY8C4245AXI-483 with  CY8C4014SXI-420. 

But now we cannot program our board with this micro. 

Psoc Creator do not find board and psoc programmer try to program with som power cycles but then freeze. 

We seen that tring to unsolder some components from board programming goes successfully.

But this solution is not proposable for undreds of board that we have to product. 

So, is there a way to program these boards without make hardware modifications ?

We seen some other people have same problem with CY8C4014SXI-421. We tried to program without auto detect, and, try to make a curcuit with transistor on XRES that drive VCC but still don't work.

I attach schematics.

Thanks in advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlbertoTG11
Level 1
Level 1

I solved the problem putting a pull up resistor on P 1[6] and moving my output to P 3[0].

Thanks for support. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

Reviewing the schematic, there are several issues preventing programming of 4014.

There should not be a pull-down resistor on 4014 P1.6.  This is documented in PSoC 4000 datasheet, AN86439, and KBA91258.

PSoC 4014 SO-8 can only be programmed using Power Cycle programming method.
https://community.cypress.com/t5/Code-Examples/Solution-Use-Kitprog-to-Program-PSoC-4000-without-XRE...

By connecting LED's and other resistors to 4014 SWD pins, the signal quality is compromised when trying to program 4014.  You'll need to assess these signals with and without the components attached and make appropriate changes to the design.

And keep the SWD wires short, 5cm-10cm length between the programmer (Kitprog, Miniprog, etc) and the target PSoC.  These signals run at 1.5MHz and up.

Sorry for the bad news, but maybe you can find a way to work around these issues.

0 Likes
AlbertoTG11
Level 1
Level 1

I solved the problem putting a pull up resistor on P 1[6] and moving my output to P 3[0].

Thanks for support. 

0 Likes