Cannot connect Clock directly to ADC_Sar_Seq::SOC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to trigger ADC sampling @1000Hz with a Clock. However, I get a (for me) strange error:

Pin guidance unavailable: Invalid connection for clock "Clock_ADC_SAR_Seq" connected to "\ADC_SAR_Seq:cy_psoc4_sar\:trigger".

Pin guidance could not be updated due to an error. Fix the error to get updated pin guidance. See summary for details.

See attached image ClockToSOC.png . But if I connect it through a FreqDiv there is no error, see attached image ClockToFreqDiv.png . How do I trigger a SOC with a Clock @1000Hz?

Also: I see that the Clock symbol has a white square graph, but on other designs I had a black square graph. And I do not know where "summary" is.

EDIT: I saw that the Clock frequency was falsely set to "1000 kHz", but correcting it to "1 kHz" did no difference.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

SpeedyCat this input is not the clock input it is for soc – Input *
This input is used for the Start of conversion or scan. It is visible if you set the Sample mode parameter to Hardware trigger. A rising edge on this input starts an ADC conversion. The first soc rising edge should be generated at least 10us after the component is started to guarantee reference and pump voltage stability. You can connect the output of a TCPWM component to this input. It can also be connected to any GPIO pin or a UDB.
This input is hidden if you set the Sample mode parameter to Free Running.

That is why you are getting an error.  if you want a clock you need to select external in the clock selection on the configuration box.  Also please post your code so we can check it for this error. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies