Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Akshay_Patel
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I first make bin file in PSOC 4. then this file load in android phone and my personal android app. can make possible to load bin file in microcontroller via android app? Basically I use communication between microcontroller and android phone is USB to TTL converter.

0 Likes
1 Solution
sujatapatil
50 solutions authored 10 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi Akshay,

Your request looks possible , below is one approache which i  think now,

1> By default microcontroller  gets booted from internal flash .  you can add piece of code in your firmware to get  binary over serial communication and burn to flash . please make sure you use dual banking of flash memory where one partition will have working binary and second get programmed via serial program which is  part of current working firmware. Once flashing is done you can add some logic to reset the board and add logic to get updated firmware using version or any other method and remap flash memory accordingly.

You need below software support in MCU firmware 

1>serial flash program

2>Dual banking of flash memory 

3>logic to determine latest firmware and do virtual remapping of new flash location so that MCU will boot from that location.

Hope this will work for you.

Thanks

Sujata

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
sujatapatil

Hi Akshay,

Your request looks possible , below is one approache which i  think now,

1> By default microcontroller  gets booted from internal flash .  you can add piece of code in your firmware to get  binary over serial communication and burn to flash . please make sure you use dual banking of flash memory where one partition will have working binary and second get programmed via serial program which is  part of current working firmware. Once flashing is done you can add some logic to reset the board and add logic to get updated firmware using version or any other method and remap flash memory accordingly.

You need below software support in MCU firmware 

1>serial flash program

2>Dual banking of flash memory 

3>logic to determine latest firmware and do virtual remapping of new flash location so that MCU will boot from that location.

Hope this will work for you.

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi ,

I have not heard from you since my response. I assume that this is because the issue is resolved and you are busy with other important work.

If, however, the issue is not resolved, please do let me know and I shall work with you to ensure that the issue is resolved.

I will wait for another two days to hear from you. If I do not hear from you, I shall go ahead and close this case.

You can always reopen this case or create a new case for any other issue. We will be happy to help you in resolving your issues.

Thanks and Regards,

sujata

0 Likes