CYBLE222014-01

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiWa_1379161
Level 3
Level 3
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I am using the CYBLE222014-01 in an application where I need to put the entire module to sleep in the lowest possible power mode. When in this mode, there is no BLE activity or MCU activity other than an accelerometer programmed to wake the module up with motion. Then the module will do a rest and start from the beginning.

The purpose of this operation is to store the device on the shelf for several weeks in this ultra sleep mode and then wake up when the device is moved.

The battery is 300mAH. Reading through all of the datasheets for this module, if both the BLESS is in deep sleep mode and the system MCU is in hibernate, the current should only be around 25uA. I am drawing 260uA and cant see why.

The only other two devices on the board are the accelerometer and an eeprom. Both of those combined draw less than 10uA.

I have confirmed by reading the BLE state prior going into system hibernation, it comes back as BLESS_DEEPSLEEP. I know the MCU is going into hibernation because the board will auto reset when it receives the interrupt from the accelerometer. Only hibernation mode will do an auto reset. I have also tried CYBLE_Stop(). It gives the same results.

I have changed the SWD pins to GPIO and that didnt change anything.

I am using a timer, I2C, ADC and PWM modules. I run the stop function for all of those before going to sleep.

The I2C pull ups are 2.2K to 3.3V supply.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing the extra current?

0 Likes
1 Solution
PratikshaV
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 250 sign-ins
0 Likes
1 Reply
PratikshaV
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 250 sign-ins
0 Likes