CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_FAILED, reason: 0x5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ChMc_1015661
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I'm using a PSoC 4  (CYBLE-214015-01 32-SMT) as a heart rate collector. I'm using the heart rate collector example code (attached).

I'm trying to connect to a BLE heart Rate sensor but am given a "CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_FAILED, reason: 0x5" error.

This sensor easily connects to any smartphone App so I'm at a loss as to the issue.

Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello, 

Apologize for the delay. Please add the "StartDiscovery()" function inside CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_CONNECTED event as shown below. 

Yugandhar_0-1662369651114.png

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Please check the Security configurations of your Peer device. If the Peer device doesn't have Encryption then you will get this error code.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

Thankyou for your swift reply and help.  The peer device i'm working with appears to have no encryption. I'm wondering how I can edit this code example to remove the requirement for authentication. I have removed it in the Top Design (see attached). But there must be something in the code still requesting the authentication.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello,

Remove CyBle_GapAuthReq(cyBle_connHandle.bdHandle, &cyBle_authInfo) api in CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_CONNECTED event as shown in below image.

Yugandhar_1-1660625960971.png

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

Thanks again for your help. I have removed that code and now I'm getting a connected message. However, I'm not getting the expected update 'messages' with heart rate values, etc. Would you know of any reason for this, I'm pouring over the code to determine the cause but nothing is standing out to me.

Kind Regards, 

Chris

0 Likes

Hello, 

Apologize for the delay. Please add the "StartDiscovery()" function inside CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_CONNECTED event as shown below. 

Yugandhar_0-1662369651114.png

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes

Hi P Yugandhar,

That worked great. Thankyou very much for your help.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 Likes