CYBLE-224110-EVAL EZ-BLE™ PSoC XT/XR Evaluation Board standalone usage

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have CYBLE-224110-EVAL EZ-BLE™ PSoC XT/XR Evaluation Board. As per the website "http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyble-224110-eval-ez-ble-psoc-xtxr-evalu...", this device can programmed and debugged as a standalone device. Just wondering, are there example codes for this device to be used for standalone usage?

I have CY8CKIT-002 to program and debug, I do not have CY8CKIT-042-BLE.

Regards
Narendra

0 Likes
1 Solution
SayaniS_66
10 likes received First like received

Hello Narendra,

You can program the module with miniprog3 either through PSoC Creator or PSoC Programmer.

For PSoC Creator :

Open a BLE project - Select the module name in the device selector - In the debug menu choose Select Debug Target -  The device will be detected as Miniprog3 - Open Port Setting - change power to 3.3V - Active protocol is SWD. Now, click on connect and program the device.

For PSoC Programmer:

Connect to Miniprog3. Go to File Load - Select the hex file of the project you want to load - Click on program.

For BLE projects please refer this link : PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub

-Sayani.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SayaniS_66

Hello Narendra,

You can program the module with miniprog3 either through PSoC Creator or PSoC Programmer.

For PSoC Creator :

Open a BLE project - Select the module name in the device selector - In the debug menu choose Select Debug Target -  The device will be detected as Miniprog3 - Open Port Setting - change power to 3.3V - Active protocol is SWD. Now, click on connect and program the device.

For PSoC Programmer:

Connect to Miniprog3. Go to File Load - Select the hex file of the project you want to load - Click on program.

For BLE projects please refer this link : PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub

-Sayani.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sayani,

Appreciate the response! I had success programming the Eval board. However, I have hit another roadblock.

The Eval board is programmed for Heart rate sensor from the link in the previous message. If I try connect from my phone using cysmart app.

I get the message "The Connection has Timed out unexpectedly". Do you happen to know the reason behind this behavior?

Second, It appears CYBLE-224110 Eval board has no onboard antenna and there is no provision to connect external antenna. This results in weak signal strength. Is there a breakout board to connect antenna?

Regards

Narendra NA

0 Likes
SayaniS_66

Hi Narendra,

Please go through "Enabling Extended Range Feature" on page 16 of the module datasheet http://www.cypress.com/file/230681/download

You have to enable the extended range operation by configuring the LNA properly in order to make the module function as intended. Please implement this and try to connect from CySmart App.

-Sayani.

0 Likes