Announcements

Equip yourself to optimize PSoc4 MCUs for Evs at the EV Webinar. Click here to register.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 4 Forum Discussions

mime
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First like given Welcome!

I want to get our CYBLE-222014 based product through CE and FCC.

According to https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/FAQ-for-BLE-and-Regulatory-Certifications-w...

"For FCC, you may reuse a module certification, however, the end product still needs to go through the FCC 15 subpart B test."

and

"For CE, all the conducted test cases of EN300328 can be inherited from the modules test report. Any radiated test cases under EN300328 or ESD test cases under EN301489 must be tested with end products".

I have also seen post

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Wireless/CYBLE-222014-01-EZ-BLE-Module-FCC-Report/m-p/267137#M15

but I don't know if these people are talking about the same thing.

My issue:

Our EMC test house said they wanted our device to have a custom EMC test firmware running which would allow them to test each BLE band individually.

1) I vaguely recall that I have seen this firmware test image somewhere on the Cypress website, but I can't find it anymore. Does anybody know about this?

2) Is the EMC house correct that I need firmware with this functionality for testing, or are they trying to sell a service I don't need?

thanks, Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
1000 replies posted 5 likes given First comment on blog

Hello,

The custom firmware is required by many test houses. You can use the firmware attached with the below KBA for the RF certification.

Test Firmware for PSoC®/PRoC™ BLE RF Certification – KBA220073

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Yugandhar
1000 replies posted 5 likes given First comment on blog

Hello,

The custom firmware is required by many test houses. You can use the firmware attached with the below KBA for the RF certification.

Test Firmware for PSoC®/PRoC™ BLE RF Certification – KBA220073

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.