CYBLE 012011-00 Interface to a Microchip PIC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I may be going a little senile, but I want to simply connect the CYBLE 012011-00 device to a Microchip PIC via the Rx and Tx lines to use the device as a simple serial link. I have done this on an HC05 module and I only need 4 lines to connect (GND, +5v, Rx, Tx). I am trying to figure out which of the 31 pins on the CYBLE 012011-00 to use. The power pins are simple, but there appear a number of Rx and Tx lines. I guess the CYBLE 012011-00 has two UARTS (SCB0 and SCB1) and there are two RX lines and two Tx lines for each of these. I do not know which ones to use in CYSPP mode. Similarly, I cannot find which pins are the CYSPP and CP_ROLE pins as these need asserting low. Can anyone help please? Thank you, Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

As Bob suggested, the User Guide contains the pin information that you need. See Section 8.1 for a table of each functional pin on all supported modules (note this is the *B guide revision, soon to be updated online to *C with a few extra modules). A couple of quick points/answers for your case:

• The UART RX/TX pins are the same on every module running EZ-Serial firmware: P1.4 (RX) and P1.5 (TX). This allows easy host communication with the built-in USB-to-UART bridge interface provided by the BLE Pioneer kit.
  •     
  • On the 012011-00 and 2120XX-X0 footprint:     

• CYSPP is P3.3
    •       
    • CP_ROLE is P3.5
    •      
  •    

If you're using the CYBLE-012011-EVAL part, note that P3_5 on the module can be mapped to either or both of P3.5 and P2.7 using jumpers on the evaluation module PCB. To be able to use the SW2 button on the BLE Pioneer kit to select the role at boot time, you should ensure that it is connected to P2.7. (If you're using a custom design with your own PCB, this is not really relevant.)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies