CYALKIT charging to 0.1F cap

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
luwi_4032381
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking at using the CYALKIT for a project, standard firmware has demo mode and timer mode. Within my application I want the user to be able to use a switch to change between demo mode and timer mode. Can I change the firmware to use the charge from the 0.1F cap when in demo mode and charge that cap during timer mode?

Thanks

Luke

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Luke,

This Kit powers from a small Solar Cell , where it can not provide a regular power supply to BLE device.  If you do not care about the power consumption , you can directly power the BLE device from a battery. The firmware running in BLE device continuously scans the Temp/Humidity sensors and broadcasts data. ( Also, you can program the BLE device as per your requirement , you can download the firmware from that link)

-Gyan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

Demo Mode and Timer Mode applies to PMIC used in this kit which supplies power to BLE Module. The standard firmware running in BLE Modules does not have any control over these Modes.

Please refer the Kit guide from below link.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyalkit-e02-solar-powered-ble-sensor-be...

-Gyan

0 Likes

Hi Gyan,

Thanks for coming back to me.

OK understood an alternative question is it possible to change the advertising interval of the timer mode from 5 minutes.

Cheers

Luke

0 Likes

Hello Luke,

This Kit powers from a small Solar Cell , where it can not provide a regular power supply to BLE device.  If you do not care about the power consumption , you can directly power the BLE device from a battery. The firmware running in BLE device continuously scans the Temp/Humidity sensors and broadcasts data. ( Also, you can program the BLE device as per your requirement , you can download the firmware from that link)

-Gyan