CY8CKIT-049-42xx bootloadable 1.5 / 1.3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just starting to experiment with the CY8CKIT-049-42xx prototyping kit (also new to Cypress PSOC in general). I'm following the documentation for the board, starting with the projects in the SCB_Bootloader workspace. I cannot get very far in the build process due to this error:

The instance 'Bootloadable', of component Bootloadable_v1_30, contains an error. Unable to locate and customize component 'Bootloadable_v1_30' used in schematic 'C:\Users\Steve\Documents\PSoC Creator\Firmware\SCB_Bootloader\Bootloadable Blinking LED.cydsn\TopDesign\TopDesign.cysch'.

The component catalog only has V1.50 of the Bootloadable/-loader, and I am unable to find any references to compatibility between versions 1.3 and 1.5. Is there some way to find out what is on the proto board? I'm assuming the Bootloadable version has to match what is on the board, but that's definitely an uninformed assumption. The bootloader component in the TopDesign.cysch (for Bootloadable Blinking LED) cannot be opened and just displays this message:

Cannot find v 1.30 of component Bootloadable

This design uses an older version of a component than is available in your dependencies. Please update the component via the Project > Update Components menu.

I tried to get both 1.30 and 1.50, but the component list continues to display only 1.50. I had installed PSOC Creator 4.1 before getting the board, so I installed the software and documentation specific to the CY8CKIT-049-42xx kit after the Creator installation. Any tips or links would be appreciated. I searched the web for quite a while and wasn't finding anything that helped. Thanks!

0 Likes
9 Replies