CY8CKIT-042 CAPSENSE PsOC 101 lesson 13

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Tim
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

When putting finger on the slider Pioneer kit (the one with the slider) after following PSoC 101 lesson 13 there is no response at all.  Does anybody have the hex output file so I can just program that and see if it works?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

I confirmed for the project you attached.

MaMi_1205306_0-1639961165292.png

The pin is not assigned correctly.

When you remove the CapSense component, the correct slider pin assignments are removed, leaving the default settings when you added the CapSense component.

Therefore, touching the slider on the board does not respond.

/*********** CY8CKIT-042 correct slider pin settings ************/

CapSense : Cmod => P4[2]

CapSense : Sns[0] => P1[1]

CapSense : Sns[1] => P1[2]

CapSense : Sns[2] => P1[3]

CapSense : Sns[3] => P1[4]

CapSense : Sns[4] => P1[5]

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Attach the PSoC 101 Lesson 13 project and HEX file.

We have confirmed that it works normally.

/************** CY8CKIT-042 Board settings **************/

Connect P0[4] (J4) and P12[7] (J8) with a wire. //PSoC4 UART Rx (Optional because it is unused)

Connect P0[5] (J4) and P12[6] (J8) with a wire. //PSoC4 UART Tx

MaMi_1205306_0-1639962809622.png

/************** TeraTerm Settings **************/

Set to the serial port to which this demo kit(CY8CKIT-042) is connected.

Set baud rate to 115200bps.

Regards,

0 Likes
lock attach
Tim
Level 2
Level 2

Your hex file works on my board.  I was able to get your entire project to work as well.  I am new to Creator so I have all the latest in theory.   When I load your project and clean it and build the cyboot is out of date.  So I right click on the project name and update components.  At that point I can clean and build and load the project.  And the project works.  Then I delete the CapSense Block in the schematic and drag the same one back in.  I set the widget to linear slider.  Everything looks exactly the same but now it no longer works.  

I have attached the one that doesn't work that started with your working project.  Can you take a look? It should be attached with the same name. 

0 Likes
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

I confirmed for the project you attached.

MaMi_1205306_0-1639961165292.png

The pin is not assigned correctly.

When you remove the CapSense component, the correct slider pin assignments are removed, leaving the default settings when you added the CapSense component.

Therefore, touching the slider on the board does not respond.

/*********** CY8CKIT-042 correct slider pin settings ************/

CapSense : Cmod => P4[2]

CapSense : Sns[0] => P1[1]

CapSense : Sns[1] => P1[2]

CapSense : Sns[2] => P1[3]

CapSense : Sns[3] => P1[4]

CapSense : Sns[4] => P1[5]

Regards,

0 Likes
lock attach
Tim
Level 2
Level 2

You are correct.  That is strange because I know for sure I was setting the pins but you are right they were not set.  After setting the pins your project worked.  

The issue is my project does not work.   I think I am on the latest tool.  I'm on PSoC Creator 4.4 (4.4.0.80)  Release Date  10/01/2020 .

CY8CKIT-042 PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit 1.0 Rev. *E

Peripheral Driver Library 3.1.3

PSoC Programm 3.29.1

I am wondering if you can get the exact tools and try from Scratch.  These should all be the latest because I just got everything.   I had to update components on your project so I wonder if your tool is down level from mine and that is somehow the issue.  Or maybe I'm making a silly mistake.  So now the attachment here is my original project which I can't get to work for some reason.  We know my hardware is good for sure because your project runs it fine.

Can you dig the hex file out of here and just try that first and then try the project.   Thanks.

0 Likes
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I confirmed for your project again.

After debugging, I found an operation that does not fit in the conditional statement of "! CapSenseIsBusy".

So I checked the "main.c" and found the following error.

MaMi_1205306_0-1640131892852.png

I was able to confirm that it works normally with this fix.

As a side note, the first project I provided uses PSoC Creator 4.2, however I have confirmed that it works with PSoC Creator 4.4 last time and this time.

Regrds,

0 Likes
Tim
Level 2
Level 2

OK thank you that was it.  Wow that bracket issue was incredibly hard to see.  I did do the file compares between the two projects and just flat out couldn't see it at the time.   Yes the project is solved and I'm on to the next one.  Thank You!!

0 Likes