CY8CKIT-042-BLE Windows GUI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I apologize for this absolute beginner topic, but in the last days of my research I get more and more confused 😉

I have to do a (little) project with the PSoC4-BLE. Up to now I am familiar with (some) of the PSoC-Creator examples (and a lot of helpful videos) and I am able to receive data via BLE within the CySmart emulation tool. For example I can change a value in the emulation tool by using the CapSense on the development board.

But how do I exchange data with any self-made windows program??? I just need a very simple GUI just to see if a capsens has been touched or to send a value for changing the onboard LED color…

I didn’t find any Python, C or even Java library to include so that I can use the windows API. Can I program such a GUI with the WICED SDK? Or do you know any useful IDE that provides the possibility to communicate with the CY5677 USB Dongle. (A LabView-VI would help as well, but I didn’t find that at all.)

It would be perfect if I could get some code to start learning how to create a windows based communication to PSoC 4 via BLE.

I just get stuck in my research about the possibilities of the PSoC BLE…

Thank you very much,

Jens

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

You can refer the CySmart API reference document for developing your own Windows GUI from the link- http://www.cypress.com/file/232791/download

Also , you can refer the sample example project from this thread- CySmart API C# example

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

You can refer the CySmart API reference document for developing your own Windows GUI from the link- http://www.cypress.com/file/232791/download

Also , you can refer the sample example project from this thread- CySmart API C# example

-Gyan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gyan,

that will held, thank you!

Just one word concerning Wiked Smart IDE: is it preferable to use this IDE from Cypress to programm a windows GUI for the communikation with a Cypress BLE Dongel?

Best, Jens

0 Likes

Hello Jens,

The WICED Smart IDE is used to develop the application and program the Cypress Bluetooth and Wi-Fi chips.

To communicate with CySmart BLE USB Dongle , you have to develop your windows Application like CySmart App using C# APIs as mentioned in response #1. Please go through the document on how you can develop your own windows GUI to communicate with CySmart BLE-USB Dongle.

-Gyan

0 Likes