CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A Segment LCD Problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

I am trying to connect a 7 segment 4-digit LCD display to the CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A kit which uses the CY8C4248LQI-BL583 module. The LCD has 4 common signals and 8 signals for the segments. The display is from LUMEX, part number LCD-S401M16KR, Mouser part 696-LCD- S401M16KR. I am using PSOC Creator 4.2.0.641 and have instanced a segment LCD component (V1.30) to drive the LCD and used the Display Helper tool to configure the pixel mapping   At present I have wired up two of the segments plus all 4 common pins to the following pins on the kit

LCD_SEG:Com[0] - P3.2

LCD_SEG:Com[1] - P3.3

LCD_SEG:Com[2] - P34

LCD_SEG:Com[3] – P2.3

LCD_SEG:Seg[0] – P1.2

LCD_SEG:Seg[1] – P1.3

LCD_SEG:Seg[2] – P1.0

LCD_SEG:Seg[3] – P1.1

In the code I call the LCD_Seg_Start function to initialise the display and then try to write a value to one of the display digits using the LCD_Seg_Write7SegDigit_0 function. Both digits on the LCD have all their segments turned on (display numeral 8 plus decimal point). I am not able to change this value using the LCD_Seg_Write7SegDigit_0 function. I have put a scope on the pins and all the common signals are switching from high to low but the segment pins are stuck at logic high. Could anyone suggest why I can’t get the LCD segments to display the correct values.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

I updated the pin mapping to those you suggested but it made no difference. I then changed the LCD mode to High speed and the LCD display is now working.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Liam

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I have mapped the segments and commons based on the Segment LCD (S401M16KR) you have specified. Please ensure you have the same mapping:

segLCD.PNG

Set the following in the Segment LCD component configurator:

Driving mode: PWM

Bias type: 1/3 Bias

Play around with the clock input frequency, LCD mode and frame rate to obtain the optimum setting.

Let me know how it goes

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

I updated the pin mapping to those you suggested but it made no difference. I then changed the LCD mode to High speed and the LCD display is now working.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Liam

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes