[CY8CKIT-041S-MAX] I2S inital by using HAL Layer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
HuEd_3452391
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins First like received 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I refer to the I2S code example in the HAL document. I've also attached the code I use.

Log as below:

====

****************** I2S Sample******************

i2s init fail result = 4020b03

====

Please tell us how to work with i2s properly

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @HuEd_3452391 

Clock init is required to get the correct frequency for running the I2S clock.

By default the I2S Clock is sourced from CLK_HF[1]. One must ensure this frequency is a multiple of 2*sampling rate*channel length*8 (internal divider)

Ekta_0-1676607972599.png

The HF_CLK[1] in turn comes from PLL configured at a multiple of the above-obtained frequency. I have defined the clock_init function in order to ensure that this is followed.

You can refer to the clocking features of the I2S chapter in the PSoC 4 Architecture TRM  to better understand the clock requirements

Ekta_1-1676608397361.png

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ekta_N

Hi @HuEd_3452391 

Please refer to the following I2S code that I have functionally tested at my end for the CY8CKIT-041S-MAX.

Note the code was created using MTB 2.4

Thanks and Regards
Ekta

HuEd_3452391
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ekta,

Thank you for your sample code.

I used MTB3.0, I could compile the code you provide successfully, but can not see the i2s signal by using logical analyzer. I use MTB3.0 Debug mode, then found there was a ASSERT on Cy_SysClk_PeriphDividerIsEnabled(), I'm not sure whether the Assert was related to the problem. Just share my observation.

Please help me with running the I2S sample successfully.

Thank you 

Best Regards

Edward

HuEd_3452391
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ekta,

I marked the clock_init(), it's working on MTB3.0. I can see the i2s signal. My question is why we need the clock_init() function before cyhal_i2s_init()?  How to modify the clock_init().

Thank you!

BRs

Edward

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hi @HuEd_3452391 

Clock init is required to get the correct frequency for running the I2S clock.

By default the I2S Clock is sourced from CLK_HF[1]. One must ensure this frequency is a multiple of 2*sampling rate*channel length*8 (internal divider)

Ekta_0-1676607972599.png

The HF_CLK[1] in turn comes from PLL configured at a multiple of the above-obtained frequency. I have defined the clock_init function in order to ensure that this is followed.

You can refer to the clocking features of the I2S chapter in the PSoC 4 Architecture TRM  to better understand the clock requirements

Ekta_1-1676608397361.png

Best Regards
Ekta