CY8C4245FNI-483T

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaTr_1730276
Level 4
Level 4
First like given 10 sign-ins First solution authored

Hello,

I'm interested to this MCU but looking at the spec I have some doubt about how to programming the device.

I've been using since many years a PSoC5LP in QFN68 package, and to program/debug the component I'm using the SWD-CLK and SWD-IO pins by means of the MiniProg3 USB stick 5p.

On the DS of PSoC 4200 family it's indicated that 35-ball WLCSP package is shipped with I^2C Bootloader in Flash.

What this exactly means? I cannot program/debug the device with SWD on pins P3.2 and P3.3 using MiniProg3?

It's different than the PSoC5LP?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi MaTr_1730276​,

On the DS of PSoC 4200 family it's indicated that 35-ball WLCSP package is shipped with I^2C Bootloader in Flash.

What this exactly means?

The WLCSP is already supplied with an I2C bootloader. The bootloader is compatible with PSoC Creator bootloadable project. You will be able to program/update your device firmware through a bootloader also. You can refer to WLCSP Package Bootloader Section on Page 9 of the datasheet​ for further information regarding the same.

I cannot program/debug the device with SWD on pins P3.2 and P3.3 using MiniProg3?

You can still program your device using SWD to program your device.

pastedImage_65.png

Like you have rightly pointed out P3.2 and P3.3 are SWDIO and SWDCLK pins respectively as seen in the image.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi MaTr_1730276​,

What this exactly means?

The WLCSP is already supplied with an I2C bootloader. The bootloader is compatible with PSoC Creator bootloadable project. You will be able to program/update your device firmware through a bootloader also. You can refer to WLCSP Package Bootloader Section on Page 9 of the datasheet​ for further information regarding the same.

I cannot program/debug the device with SWD on pins P3.2 and P3.3 using MiniProg3?

You can still program your device using SWD to program your device.

pastedImage_65.png

Like you have rightly pointed out P3.2 and P3.3 are SWDIO and SWDCLK pins respectively as seen in the image.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello,

thank you for replying. Yes, was very helpful!

Kind regards,

MT

0 Likes