Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JuGa_1202171
Level 1
Level 1

My project is to display i2c Sensor input and 24 bit delta sigma Sensor on  Six no seven segment display and use 4 key keypad for calibration and data of both sensor put on Modbus 1) P0.0 to P0.5 will be used to sink current from seven segment Display  P2.0 to 2.7 will be used as segment a, b, c, d, e, f, g.dp pins driving with transistor logic 2) In My application I was to use one 24 bit delta sigma IC where three pins P1.0, P1.1, P2.2 are used as signal pins for ADC  3) P4.0 and P4.1 is used as SPI Interface for NV RAM 24C02 and RTC 1307  4) P4.2 and P4.3 will be used as i2c sensor Input  4) P3.0 and P3.1 will be used as RX and TX pins for Modbus communication  5) P1.0, P1.1, P1.2 will be used for Delta sigma ADC 6) P1.3, P1.4, P1.5 will be used as Input for MCP 4822 two channel DAC output  7) P1.7 will be used as PWM output of ADC Input  😎 P3.2 and P3.3 will be used SWDIO and SWCLK  9) P3.4, P3.5, P3.6, P3.7 will be used as keyboard calibration   From above please let me know my pin assignment  Can I use other test Points second TX and RX or USB etc.??? In my opinion P0.6 and P0.7 used with display will not be able to use for any other purpose

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello JuGa_1202171

• In case of CY8C4025AZI-S413 only two independent run-time reconfigurable Serial Communication Blocks (SCBs) with re-configurable I2C, SPI, or UART functionality are available. As mentioned by you in the first post, two of the SCBs have already been used as SPI and the other for Modbus communication.

• In case of SPI pins P4.0 and P4.1 should be configured as mosi and miso respectively. You need to use pins P4.2 and P4.3 for spi:sclk and spi:slave_select respectively.

• You mentioned in the previous response that the pins P4.2 and P4.3 will be used as i2c sensor Input. My question was how is PSoC is communicating with the I2C sensor using the P4.2 and P4.3 pins? Is it using I2C protocol, if yes then are the P4.2 and P4.3 pins acting as SCL and SDA lines?

• In PSoC Creator you can try assigning pins to the respective components (in the design wide resources under the pins tab) and building the project. In case the pin assignment is not correct PSoC Creator will throw a warning or an error.

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekta

Hello JuGa_1202171​,

The part CY8C4025AZI-S413 does not support the USB functionality. In PSoC 4 family only PSoC 4200L device supports USB.

You can refer to the pinouts section of the datasheet for the CY8C4025AZI-S413 device to know the functions supported by a particular pin.

Can you please provide the following details:

> P4.2 and P4.3 will be used as i2c sensor Input. In this case will the PSoC be acting as I2C Master/Slave to communicate with the slave device? If yes, in that case these pins cannot be used as I2C sda or scl.

> Can I use other test Points second TX and RX ?

Could you please let us know if the RX and TX refer to receive and transmit pins for the UART protocol? What will be the purpose of these pins?

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

1)

P4.2 and P4.3 will be used as i2c sensor Input. In this case will the PSoC be acting as I2C Master/Slave to communicate with the slave device? If yes, in that case these pins cannot be used as I2C sda or scl.

It is not master slave device but external temperature and humidity sensor data to be displayed calibrated and sent to MODBUS

2)

Could you please let us know if the RX and TX refer to receive and transmit pins for the UART protocol? What will be the purpose of these pins?

This will be sued with MAX485 IC for MODBUS

0 Likes
Ekta

Hello JuGa_1202171

• In case of CY8C4025AZI-S413 only two independent run-time reconfigurable Serial Communication Blocks (SCBs) with re-configurable I2C, SPI, or UART functionality are available. As mentioned by you in the first post, two of the SCBs have already been used as SPI and the other for Modbus communication.

• In case of SPI pins P4.0 and P4.1 should be configured as mosi and miso respectively. You need to use pins P4.2 and P4.3 for spi:sclk and spi:slave_select respectively.

• You mentioned in the previous response that the pins P4.2 and P4.3 will be used as i2c sensor Input. My question was how is PSoC is communicating with the I2C sensor using the P4.2 and P4.3 pins? Is it using I2C protocol, if yes then are the P4.2 and P4.3 pins acting as SCL and SDA lines?

• In PSoC Creator you can try assigning pins to the respective components (in the design wide resources under the pins tab) and building the project. In case the pin assignment is not correct PSoC Creator will throw a warning or an error.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes