CY8C4024LQI-S412:Device was recognized, but PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
domnad
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

i have been trying to connect the PsoC Creator to the CY8C4024LQI-S412 but always get "This device was recognized, but PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time".

Im using:

PSoC Creator 4.4,

KitProg Version 2.21,

CY8CKIT-042 to connect to the CY8C4024LQI-S412,

PDL 3.1.5

Restarting PC or CY8CKIT didn't help.

Only shows "Cortex-M0+" when selecting Target.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello.

A few suggestions.

1. Check Vccd (pin 25) for 1.8V
2. SWD wires should not be longer than 5cm-10cm.  Any longer and the signals are of poor quality.
3. Make sure the Debugger is closed before trying to program target from Creator.
4. Make sure the target device matches the compiled project target device.

If any of the above are wrong, you will get the Cypress default error message "does not support".

You might try programming after removing R2 and R3.  The parallel connection to other port pins might interfere with SWD signals.

Could try removing capacitors C4 and C5 from XRES pin and place a 10k pull-up resistor on XRES.  Yes, there is an internal pull-up resistor, but it doesn't work well (in my experience).

You should fix the PSoC4 schematic symbol for Vccd.  It was confusing.

Lastly, try programming with PSoC Programmer instead of Creator.

Good luck with your project.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @domnad 

Can you provide me more details regarding how you are trying to program your PSoC 4 device and the programming setup as you have mentioned that "CY8CKIT-042 to connect to the CY8C4024LQI-S412".
Wiring details , communication protocol used etc will be helpful.

I assume that you are trying to program a PSoC 4 device on your custom board based on the schematic you have shared. We can do a review on this custom schematic for you if required.

0 Likes

Hi,

i am trying to programm the CY8C4024 trough the CY8CKIT.

the CY8CKIT is connected with the CY8C4024 trough SWDIO ->  SDA, SWDCLK -> SCL, RST -> RESET#,

GND -> GND and VDD -> +5V_LIM (CY8CKIT -> CY8C4024).

The protocol is SWD.

If i do the same wiring etc on a different Cypress chip (CYBLE-022001, see attachment) it works fine.

Also tried multiple CY8C4024 but everytime it only shows as Cortex-M0+.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hello.

A few suggestions.

1. Check Vccd (pin 25) for 1.8V
2. SWD wires should not be longer than 5cm-10cm.  Any longer and the signals are of poor quality.
3. Make sure the Debugger is closed before trying to program target from Creator.
4. Make sure the target device matches the compiled project target device.

If any of the above are wrong, you will get the Cypress default error message "does not support".

You might try programming after removing R2 and R3.  The parallel connection to other port pins might interfere with SWD signals.

Could try removing capacitors C4 and C5 from XRES pin and place a 10k pull-up resistor on XRES.  Yes, there is an internal pull-up resistor, but it doesn't work well (in my experience).

You should fix the PSoC4 schematic symbol for Vccd.  It was confusing.

Lastly, try programming with PSoC Programmer instead of Creator.

Good luck with your project.

0 Likes

Thanks,

after adding the pull-up resistor on XRES it now works.

0 Likes
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @domnad ,

Do follow the steps provided by @BiBi_1928986  and at the same time we found a few irregularities in your schematics as follows:

1. The decoupling capacitors for VDD mentioned should be 1uF and 0.1uF (you have used 10uF in schematic)

2. Reset pin can be directly grounded via a 0.1uF capacitor.

AlenAn14_0-1635235170636.png

3. Please confirm if the pull up resistors are present in the host end as no pull up resistors are seen for the i2c lines in your schematic.

4. The data and clock for your normal i2c and SWD use the same lines. Have you tried disconnecting the normal i2c lines from this (only keep SWD lines) and then see if PSoC Creator is detecting.

In PSoC Creator, have you selected your device from the "Device Selector" as shown below when creating your project?

AlenAn14_1-1635237185971.png

Remarks : Please rename VDDD in your schematic to VCCD (pin 25)

0 Likes

Thank,

we will include the changes in our schematic

0 Likes