CY8C4024LQI-S411 / current consumption vs temperature

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnJu_3725101
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm using the PSOC CY8C4024LQI-S411 in a lightsource application. I have asserted that the current consumption of the PSOC drops when the ambient temperature rises. Does any one have the same experience and have an explanation for it?

Voltage supply of the PSOC is constant.

Kind regards

Andreas

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello Andreas,

I have reviewed the attached schematic. The schematic appears to be good.

Please refer to the Capsense Design Guide: https://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download and ensure that you follow the recommendations given in schematic rule checklist on page 113.

The current range mentioned by you is within the specification for PSoC 4000S. However, we will have to do some test to understand the reason for this behavior.

This may take some time.

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ekta_N

Hello Andreas,

Can you please provide us the following information:

1) The temperature range over which you are observing this behavior.

2) The variation in current that you are observing.

3) Are you making this observation in low power mode?

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

Hello Ekta,

thanks for your Reply.

I have an application which must be tested in a climatic chamber,

The current consumption of the PSOC is about 10 mA. I haven't activated a low power mode

The ambient temperature of the chamber is set to 55°C. The current consumption of the PSOC then drops down to 6  mA.

After Setting back tempeature to 25°C current goes back to 10mA. Lowering the temperature to -15°C current Drops again to 6  mA.

I'm using a capsense module  for creating of a push button and a PWM Generator inside the PSOC.

As I have read inside the Cypress documents temperature changes will adapt the capsense sensors Analyse algorithms? Is this the reason?

Kind regards

Andreas

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hello Andreas,

I have confirmed that capsense sensors Analyse algorithms are not responsible for current variations.

Can you please attach the schematic of the board that you are using so that we can do a schematic review to analyse the cause of such a behaviour.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

Hello Ekta,

attached is the schematic. The circuit is supplied through a 5 V regulator which is not equipped on this PCB but on a second one. When testing, the second PCB was connected with a supply wire so that I could exclude influence of temperature to the voltage supply.  I have in parallel measured the voltage when I did the temperature tests, it was stable.PSOC.jpg

Best regards
Andreas

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hello Andreas,

I have reviewed the attached schematic. The schematic appears to be good.

Please refer to the Capsense Design Guide: https://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download and ensure that you follow the recommendations given in schematic rule checklist on page 113.

The current range mentioned by you is within the specification for PSoC 4000S. However, we will have to do some test to understand the reason for this behavior.

This may take some time.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes