CE215119 - BLE Battery Level with PSoC 4 BLE instead of PSoC 6 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnCo_2736831
Level 4
Level 4
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi All,

I have come across a sample program from the Cypress Website that focuses on the BLE Battery Level. However, this program only allows PSoC 6 BLE, whereas I need to use PSoC 4 BLE for it. Here is a link to the website:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce215119-ble-battery-level-psoc-6-ble

When I downloaded the program and tried to change the 'Device Selector' from the original device to whatever PSoC programming board I was using (CY8C4247LQI-BL483), I got an error message saying that the new device I have chosen is not compatible with the one that was already there.

Is there any way to fix this, or can I not use PSoC 4 BLE for this program?

Thanks,

Andrew Collins

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Andrew

CE215119 is the demo code for PSoC6 BLE. There is an example code called BLE_Battery_Level for PSoC4 BLE also. Please follow the steps to find the PSoC4 BLE's demo code: Open Creator->File->Code examples-> Device family:PSoC 4200 BLE, filter by: BLE_Battery_Level-> Create project.

As in CE215119, there exists a demo code's user guide, followed the user guide's steps and you can import the demo code into PSoC4 BLE also. The profile and theory should be similar but the firmware should be tinny difference.

Regards

Jenson

View solution in original post

5 Replies