Buttons and Matrix Buttons for PSoC 4100S Pioneer Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kartheek_adivi
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I'm new to the CapSense Kits. I've a PSoC 4100S Pioneer Kit. It has a trackpad on it.

I want to implement matrix buttons or may be multiple buttons. Where can I get those sensors and how to choose them (If there are a lot of options)? I hope it is not like I can use the same trackpad for multiple buttons or matrix button implementation.

Thanks,

Kartheek Adivi

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

You can remove the trackpad, and use the coil to act as a button.

If you remove the trackpad, then the device has enough pins to connect.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LinglingG_46

I want to implement matrix buttons or may be multiple buttons. Where can I get those sensors and how to choose them (If there are a lot of options)?

What do you want to do? We need to know your demand then give you some suggestions.

I hope it is not like I can use the same trackpad for multiple buttons or matrix button implementation.

I can't get what your want from this sentence, maybe you could explain it in details.

0 Likes
kartheek_adivi
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

@LinglingG_46, There is a trackpad on PSoC 4100S. I want to implement an application which uses 8 buttons. How can I achieve that with this board? Do I need to buy some sensors and remove the trackpad?

0 Likes
LinglingG_46

You can remove the trackpad, and use the coil to act as a button.

If you remove the trackpad, then the device has enough pins to connect.

Marshal_Zhang
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

According to Capsense's design requirements, redesign a PCBA. This should be simpler.

0 Likes