Bug: Unconfigured SCB running UART on CY8CKIT-041-41XX is running hardware loopback instead of software. This is the SCB_UnconfiguredComm example code.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ViCh_4020036
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Discovered this when I tried to change the code, and the original echo function still worked in PuTTY.  Verified that the code was not running by inserting an LED indication in the clause where the received byte is verified to be non-zero, and is written back out.  The LED never comes on even though the echo function works.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you for your help!  I did not get the LED indication showing, but the problem turned out to be with the Pioneer board.  My colleague removed R34, R36, R47, and R52 from the board, and now the UART code works and shows the indication.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi

The example uses software loopback.

This can e verified by toggling an LED just before the re-transmission code (line 354). I have attached a sample project that demonstrates the same.

It can be observed that LED toggles for each character that is entered.

In the example, I have toggled the red LED only. Please ensure that the pin assignments to the LED are given correctly in your design.

Thanks and regards

Hari

0 Likes

Thank you for your help!  I did not get the LED indication showing, but the problem turned out to be with the Pioneer board.  My colleague removed R34, R36, R47, and R52 from the board, and now the UART code works and shows the indication.  Thanks!

0 Likes