Bootloader with BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
saga_1136906
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I wish start to examine  the booloader with BLE using the example code "BLE_OTA_UpgradableStackExample_Stack01".

The PSOC is 4.4 version. The problem is that the build doesn't create the file .hex but I receive the error message:

"Error in component: Bootloadable. The referenced Bootloader is invalid. Verify the Bootloader dependency is correct in the Bootloadable Component, then build project. Invalid bootloader elf file. Unable to read the elf file (C:\PSoC Creator\BLE_OTA_UpgradableStackExample_Stack01\BLE_OTA_UpgradableStackExample_Stack01.cydsn). The path does not exist".

No build-> no .hex file. May be that there are wrong settings...

Any help?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @saga_1136906 ,

You need to add the 3 projects shown below in the screenshot as it is mentioned in the code example document which is attached below.

Alakananda_BG_0-1650521312972.png

After adding all the 3 projects to the workspace you have to build the Launcher project first,.

When the project is built the .hex and .elf files will be generated.

• You need to give the path for the .hex and .elf files in the bootloadable component in the BLE_Upgradablestackexample_stack project .
  • After the dependency is given you can build the project and the project will be built successfully.

Regards,

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

This error happens when the referenced bootloader component was build with a different version of the components or Creator. Can you try updating the bootloader version.

You can also refer to the below thread 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-4/Error-in-Comonent-Bootloadable/m-p/85778

Have you followed the below steps 

Alakananda_BG_0-1637898599984.png

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes
saga_1136906
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

thanks for fast reply.

Yes, I did the thread before to post my question. I didn't see any folder created other than "Debug" folder.

First to proceed on the suggested steps I ask if "Update Components" is not the same of "Update firmware"?

Thanks

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

First to proceed on the suggested steps I ask if "Update Components" is not the same of "Update firmware"?

>>Both are different, you need to update the components to the latest version and try building the project.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes
saga_1136906
Level 3
Level 3

I just did that update, but I received that errors...

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

Can you send the screenshot of the error you are facing.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes
saga_1136906
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

the errors are the that of the first post. I'd made some proof building at first the example without the bootloader components. In this way the hex file is created. In a second time I introduced that components and so the .elf file is founded. But this not seems the right way...

Regards

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG

Hi @saga_1136906 ,

You need to add the 3 projects shown below in the screenshot as it is mentioned in the code example document which is attached below.

Alakananda_BG_0-1650521312972.png

After adding all the 3 projects to the workspace you have to build the Launcher project first,.

When the project is built the .hex and .elf files will be generated.

• You need to give the path for the .hex and .elf files in the bootloadable component in the BLE_Upgradablestackexample_stack project .
  • After the dependency is given you can build the project and the project will be built successfully.

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes