Bootloader Host Security key error , but I'm not using Security key on either end.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bosc_816161
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the bootloader example CE221653 – PSoC 4 Bootloader and Bootloadable. I modified it to use the serial port instead of I2C.

The BL seems to be giving a valid response, so I don't understand why I'm getting this error.

The Bootloader Host sends a start bootloader command.

The Bootloader replies with a "Waiting for command" message, along with the silicon ID and BL version.

Then the Bootloader Host sends an "Exit Bootloader" command and prints "The key provided for the packet does not match the key that the bootloader expects."

I do not have the Security Key enabled in the BL or the BL Host. I reduced the baud rate to 9600 and still have the same error. I have sniffed the communication and verified it bit by bit with an oscilloscope and by stepping through the BL code while it is generating its message. Below I show the output screen on the BL Host, The messages sniffed on the serial port and the message contents of the BL reply.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

From Bootloader Host Output screen:

03:11:14 PM - Selected device: USB Serial Port (COM4) - UART

Generic Serial Port

03:20:25 PM - program Started

03:20:25 PM - The bootloader reported error 'The key provided for the packet does not match the key that the bootloader expects.'.

03:20:25 PM - program failed in 179 ms.

Messages sniffed on serial port:

"Start Bootloader" cmd (38) from host           01 38 00 00 C7 FF 17 00

"Waiting for cmd" msg from BL                      01 00 08 00 9E 11 50 0E 00 3C 01 01 AC FE 17 00

"Exit Bootloader" cmd (3B) from host            01 3B 00 00 C4 FF 17 00

This is a breakdown of the reply from the bootloader to the "Start Bootloader" command from the BL Host:

pastedImage_11.png

Thanks for your help,

Bob

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Please confirm whether you face this issue in UART-Bootloader code example using the same hardware set up. This will help us to isolate any configuration related issues. The Code Example is available at: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an68272-psoc-3-psoc-4-psoc-5lp-and-psoc-analo...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Please confirm whether you face this issue in UART-Bootloader code example using the same hardware set up. This will help us to isolate any configuration related issues. The Code Example is available at: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an68272-psoc-3-psoc-4-psoc-5lp-and-psoc-analo...

0 Likes

I am using a CYBLE-022001-00 module which I programmed with the bootloader. On the host side I am using the PSoC Creator 4.2 built in Bootloader Host. I am using a USB to RS485 converter for the communications.

My Cypress FAE sent me the a Bootloader Project software package based on the CE221653 – PSoC 4 Bootloader and Bootloadable documentation. I changed the port from I2C to Uart. Maybe there is something wrong with the software in the project he sent me??

When I try to program the BLE module the bootloader is receiving the Start command from the Bootloader Host and sending what I think is a proper response, but apparently it is not what the bootloader host is expecting because I am getting the "key" error.

I will look into AN68272 which you sent me the link for. Maybe I will be better starting over following the ap note than using the BL code he sent me.

Thanks for the link Geon.

0 Likes