Bootloader Host Application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
loop_y0u
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hi Commmunity, 

I'm working on a UART Bootloader Project and trying to find a source like "Bootloader Host" Tool which can Flash the .cyacd file . I opened the Bootloader Tool and went straight to "Help". Upon Reaching the Help Section I saw :

"Note This is a working example of a Bootloader Host tool. You may use the tool as is, or use the provided source code to create your own bootloader host application. The source code is located in the following directory:

<install directory>\cybootloaderutils\"

While I tried my best to search it inside my Local Directory and got failed. 

My Question :

1> As mentioned above that I can Create my own bootloader host application, The source Code can be found somewhere Else?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

Have a look at app note AN68272.  It shows the path to the source code files.
<install path>\ PSoC Creator \ <PSoC Creator version> \ PSoC Creator \ cybootloaderutils
and that's where I found them on my computer.  BTW Section 2.5 of that app note is a good read.

If you need a stand alone Bootloader Host to try out (while creating your own), the one provided by Cypress/Infineon has been successfully detached from having to install Creator.
https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-Creator-Designer/Standalone-bootloader-host-download/td-p/659...
Jump to the solution for download link (otherwise it's a lengthy thread to read).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

Have a look at app note AN68272.  It shows the path to the source code files.
<install path>\ PSoC Creator \ <PSoC Creator version> \ PSoC Creator \ cybootloaderutils
and that's where I found them on my computer.  BTW Section 2.5 of that app note is a good read.

If you need a stand alone Bootloader Host to try out (while creating your own), the one provided by Cypress/Infineon has been successfully detached from having to install Creator.
https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-Creator-Designer/Standalone-bootloader-host-download/td-p/659...
Jump to the solution for download link (otherwise it's a lengthy thread to read).

0 Likes
loop_y0u
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hi @BiBi_1928986 , Thanks for helping me out finding the directory of the Bootloader Host Code. I have some more questions to ask.

In my application I'm using ESP32 via UART with my Cypress MCU. I use this ESP32 for transferring the Switch Information to android application. I was in search of creating a way to update my code using ESP32. So I looked at the ".cyacd" file. Later I connected CP210x based TTL and tried reading the acknowledgment My Cypress MCU Sends to Bootloader Host. I'm trying my best to read and understand the cyflash from github. The only technique to send the data via UART from ESP32.

0 Likes

Hi.

The command/response between Bootloader Host and the MCU Bootloader can be found in Appendix C of AN68272 and in source code form in cybtldr_api2.c /.h.  A brief description of cybtldr_api2.c /.h is found in Appendix D.  Appendix B describes the .cyacd file format.

If you download the associated projects of AN68272, you'll find a PSoC 5LP project acting as an embedded Bootloader Host communicating over a UART.  Not knowing what platform you're using for a Bootloader Host, the 5LP project will at least show you the mechanics of the command/response transfers.

AN73854 is also a good read as an introduction to Bootloader/Bootloadable.  Between AN68272 and AN73854, they are my goto doc's for bootloader info.  You'll also find useful info in the Bootloader/Bootloadable component datasheet.

I refer you to this link from last year in order to find source code for AN68272 and some issues with that code.
Solved: Does anybody have Source Code for a C# Project UAR... - Infineon Developer Community

I hope this helps.  Let us know how it goes.

0 Likes