Best Method for Schematic & PBC Layout Design for CSX Capsense Touchpad

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoJo_4453281
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am designing a touchpad that is 150mm x 30mm, with sensor electrodes organized in a 6x30 diamond pattern. I've selected the PSoC 4100S Plus device for use here. The next step is creating a schematic & PCB Layout.

I'm new to PCB design and all, but I've been learning how to use Autodesk's Eagle. I have not been able to find a library containing the PSoC 4100S Plus device to use. I am not sure if there's a reason for this that's over my head or if simply there's not one available? I have also located the PSoC 4100S Plus component as a library for Allegro & Altium here https://www.cypress.com/cad-resources/psoc-4-cad-libraries.

Should I be looking at making my own library component for the PSoC 4100s Plus in Eagle, or be using another program? Am I missing something big here? (Again, I'm new to this)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi JoJo_4453281 ,

We have updated the library to include 4100S plus device and 4100S device. However, we support only allegro, altium and pads, not eagle.

Thanks,

Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hari

Hi JoJo_4453281

We presently do not have the library for PSoC 4100S devices. I have requested internally for this to be created.

This will be available in a week's time.

Best regards

Hari

0 Likes

Awesome AH, look forward to it!

0 Likes
Hari

Hi JoJo_4453281 ,

We have updated the library to include 4100S plus device and 4100S device. However, we support only allegro, altium and pads, not eagle.

Thanks,

Hari

0 Likes