Behavior difference between programming via PSOC Creator and Programmer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RideMaker
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I have a working project built and successfully uploaded to a PSOC BLE dev unit.  I can interact with it over BLE indicating it's working.  I'm attempting to using a MiniProg4 and PSOC Programmer to flash an equivalent HEX file to the unit. All the device versions appear to be detected successfully but I see nothing over BLE indicting something is failing.  What steps could I take to debug?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @RideMaker

PSoC Creator uses PSoC Programmer modules internally to program the device. Could you please let me know if the programming in PSoC Programmer was successful? Please share the hex file that you used and the complete archive bundle of your project so that I can have a look at it. 

I'm attempting to using a MiniProg4 and PSOC Programmer to flash an equivalent HEX file to the unit. 

I am not sure what you mean by equivalent hex file. Are you referring to another hex file or the same hex file in this case?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @RideMaker

PSoC Creator uses PSoC Programmer modules internally to program the device. Could you please let me know if the programming in PSoC Programmer was successful? Please share the hex file that you used and the complete archive bundle of your project so that I can have a look at it. 

I'm attempting to using a MiniProg4 and PSOC Programmer to flash an equivalent HEX file to the unit. 

I am not sure what you mean by equivalent hex file. Are you referring to another hex file or the same hex file in this case?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

I don't have permission to send out HEX and project files at present.

By 'equivalent HEX file', I mean a HEX file generated via PSOC Creator and loaded in PSOC programmer.

The output from PSOC programmer indicates programming was successful.

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi @RideMaker

Could you please provide the hex file path relative to the project directory? Are you using debug build configuration?

You can also try to attach to the running target to understand the location of the issue.  

The output from PSOC programmer indicates programming was successful.

Can you please share a snapshot of the PSoC Programmer and the logs?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes