BLE Scanner and Client

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
APe_3909046
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

Im using a BLE222014-01 for a project and I would like to know if this chip is capable of doing continuous scanning with intervals of 1 sec while sending  the scan result to another device. I've been looking through the 101 projects but I've only found projects sending data through UART.

Once that is completed I would like to make a small mesh consisting of three devices. Device 1 scans and sends data to device 2 while it scans and sends results of scan1 and scan2 to device 3 which does a final scan and sends all data to a pc/mobile but im not sure if this chip is capable of maintaining two simultaneous connections while scanning.

Thanks in advance,

Alvaro

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

For PSoC4BLE Device,  you can refer to the Day049_BLE_Mesh_Flood and Day052_BLE_Mesh_Directed projects from the GitHub for more information on the BLE Mesh Network.

For  CYBT-353027-02  device, you can select 353027 in modus tool box and will be able to see many mesh applications which might be helpful. 

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

1. If you set both scan window and scan interval as same values then the device will scan continuously. Please refer to the section "GAP Settings Tab – Scan Settings" in the BLE component datasheet for more information.
2. PSoC4/PRoC BLE devices can make only one connection at a time. For your application,  you can refer to the Day011_Central_Observer, Day010_Observer and Day009_Dynamic_Broadcaster from GitHub.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
APe_3909046
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I bought some CYBT-353027-02  to try their mesh capabilities. With this deviceI would be, in theory, able to read both of the "BLE222014-01 scanners" simultaneosly right?

Thanks for your response,

Alvaro.

0 Likes

Hello,

For PSoC4BLE Device,  you can refer to the Day049_BLE_Mesh_Flood and Day052_BLE_Mesh_Directed projects from the GitHub for more information on the BLE Mesh Network.

For  CYBT-353027-02  device, you can select 353027 in modus tool box and will be able to see many mesh applications which might be helpful. 

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes