BLE MTK - More than 90% duty cycle for continuous TX test

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jipa_4548021
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hi,

I am working on setting up radio tests for a product with PSOC 4 BLE using MTK BLE interface. I used the TXP as well as TXC cmd to setup transmit tests, but the duty cycle as observed on the RF spectrum analyzer is ~60%. Is there any method I can increase it to >90%?

Thanks,

Jimit

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Setting the packet length to the maximum (255 bytes, using SPL command. E.g. SPL 255) will provide a duty cycle of 84.8%.

Setting the packet length to 193 bytes will provide the maximum duty cycle (86.6%)

The packets are sent as per timing specified by specified by the Bluetooth spec for packet interval, which is a function of packet length and the baud rate. So 86.6% is the maximum achievable.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Moving to the correct community so that someone from the applications team can respond.

0 Likes

Hi,

Setting the packet length to the maximum (255 bytes, using SPL command. E.g. SPL 255) will provide a duty cycle of 84.8%.

Setting the packet length to 193 bytes will provide the maximum duty cycle (86.6%)

The packets are sent as per timing specified by specified by the Bluetooth spec for packet interval, which is a function of packet length and the baud rate. So 86.6% is the maximum achievable.

Thanks

Ganesh

Thanks!

0 Likes