BCP Collecte data size limit!!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
CySysClkIloComp
Level 2
Level 2
5 likes given 5 replies posted 25 sign-ins

There are many inconveniences because the number of collected data that can be stored in BCP is limited to 10,000.

If you look at the attached image file, you can see the outliers in the actual data on a graph, but it cannot be saved and analyzed.

Regarding some inquiries, it is said that the problem has already been forwarded to the SW team.
Why isn't an improved version released?
Why is data stored only after it is collected? You can just save the data as a file right away...

We ask for a quick resolution.

0 Likes
1 Solution

As my understanding, if you have a requirement to modify the tool parameters, please contact the Chip Distributors where you buy the chips. There's a whole process to evaluate whether it will be modified. 

It's an officially released tool that I think is less likely to be customized with modifications.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

Could you tell us who tells you the phenomenon has already been forwarded to the SW team? I'll follow up on that.

Thansk,
Lingling

0 Likes

I saw it in a community post.bcp limit.png

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

You can try the SerialPlot 1.0. It doesn't have such limitation

SerialPlot: interface to real-time data charts

0 Likes
CySysClkIloComp
Level 2
Level 2
5 likes given 5 replies posted 25 sign-ins

The product environment is not conducive to using the serial port.
It is designed to use full spec, so you need to use the serial port to receive logs.
It takes too much effort to install additional software and software.
Sometimes it is very difficult to use HW like that.

In conclusion, debugging data logging through I2C communication is the fastest and most convenient method.
There are already tools out there, but since the tools don't receive logging for a long time...
I think the best way is for Infineon to modify the "Bridge Control Panel" tool.

thank you

0 Likes

As my understanding, if you have a requirement to modify the tool parameters, please contact the Chip Distributors where you buy the chips. There's a whole process to evaluate whether it will be modified. 

It's an officially released tool that I think is less likely to be customized with modifications.