Assistance in Selecting A Part

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BeS__284136
Level 3
Level 3
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hello,

I am developing a system that I am looking to use a PSOC-4 part in. It will use several external IC chips to the processor.

Three of these chips will communicate to the processor with SPI. Each of the chips operate with a different mode. One of these chips is a TLC6C5712QPWPRQ1, a TI LED driver that operates with a clock polarity and phase of 0. The second is an NXP MCZ33996EK relay driver. This operates with a clock polarity of 1 and a phase of 0. There also is an AD7173-8BCPZ Analog Devices A to D converter. This communicates with Microwire. The PSOC-4 part will need the resources to accommodate three SPI objects if there is no way to switch modes with software. Ultimately, I would like a single SPI bus (and object) so I would not need to waste GPIO's.

The system also will have a I2C bus and a half-duplex UART.

Finally, I will need a total of 40 GPIO pins (all I2C, SPI, and UART pins included) assuming a single SPI bus.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

A brief test shows that you'll need a PSoC5 LP.  The mode parameter cannot be changed at run-time, so you'll need 3 SPI components.

I would suggest you to

• Get hands on a PSoC5 prototyping kit
  • Download and install Creator 4.3
  • Download and install the Kit files
  • Create a new PSoC5 project and select your kit
  • Place and wire your components on the topdesign
  • Build your project

Remember that you may multiplex your mosi lines to reduce pin count

Happy coding

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes