Are all services required in the Advertisement Packet?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to BLE so forgive me. Do all custom services need to be listed in the advertisement packet? I have an application wit a custom service and the Device Information Service. If I remove the Device Information Service from the advertisement packet, CySmart on my Android still seems to know that it's there. How?

I am developing an embedded peripheral as well as a matching smartphone app. If both the 4200BLE and the smartphone know the UUIDs, is it necessary to advertise them in the advertisement packet?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

It is not mandatory to advertise the service UUID. You can remove some of them. If you are designing an app such a way that , from advertisement packet it decodes the UUID and perform some action, in that case you need to have the UUID in the advertisement packet.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

It is not mandatory to advertise the service UUID. You can remove some of them. If you are designing an app such a way that , from advertisement packet it decodes the UUID and perform some action, in that case you need to have the UUID in the advertisement packet.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

0 Likes