Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
fvidal
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Hello, I did a project to measure the frequency using a timer and a counter and the interruption component with the Analog Coprocessor (CY8C4A45LQI-483). I used the CY8CKIT-048. I think this kit is discontinued, but I have used it without any problem for other projects. However, this project works it it is done with Creator 3.3 but it does not work if it is done with Creator 4.4. All the components are updated. Any help is welcome.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Maragani
50 replies posted 5 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

hi @fvidal 

I checked the PSoC created source project files and didn't find any difference between V4.4 to V3.3. I am unbale to locate the cause of the issue. 

Since you already resolved the issue from your end, I am closing this case. 

Going forward please use ModusToolBox as the development environment for most of the PSoC device (PSOC6 & PSOC4).

Related to the device which you are using - CY8C4A45LQI as of now there is no support from MTB.

Kindly use PSOC Creator latest version for your projects  development. 

Thanks

Sateesh M

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Please post your project for review

1. Build-> Clean

2. File->Create Workspace Bundle->Minimal

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

For frequency measurement you can evaluate this custom component

Tach24: 24-channel Tachometer component 

It may be more straightforward that resurrecting an old project.

0 Likes
fvidal
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot odissey1 for your help. I cannot post my project now, I have it in other computer. The project is alive. I did it in Creator 4.4 and I did not understand why it did not work so I tried with Creator 3.3 - the example projects for the kit were done with Creator 3.3- and it worked (!). I have no problems in building and programming it with Creator 3.3, but something is wrong with Creator 4.4 and that kit. I checked the Tachometer component but it is not compatible with PSoC4. Thanks again

0 Likes

Ah, that's right! I completely forgot that it uses specific tricks of PSoC5 DMA. I need more sleep... 

Creator <=4.0 uses GCC99, and Creator 4.4 uses GCC10.x (?). I had some issues with custom code which used __INLINE directive. So there are some changes related to GCC. Can you post Error messages from compiler?  

0 Likes
Maragani

Hi @fvidal 

Please do let us know are you facing any compiling error using PSoC Creator V4.4, if yes, kindly share the error messages information if possible. It will help to understand the issue.

Kindly update the components by right click on the project and then clear the project rebuild and check.

Thanks

Sateesh M

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Thank you Sateesh. There is not any warning or error or note that indicate that there is somethinh wrong in the project. I attach here the project as it works with Creator 3.3 (not polished but working). It only has one input (input_frequency) (besides the two inputs for I2C to communicate with the BCP). The same project does not give any error after updating the components for Creator 4.4. But the output is always 0 no matter the frequency of the input signal is. I have tried many things (I also made the project with Creator 4.4 from scratch)  and it is my feeling that there is something wrong with some component of this chip (analog coprocessor) and the Creator 4.4 that was not present in Creator 3.3, but it could be my fault... I would be grateful if you can check it or give me some clue.

0 Likes
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

I have a a few projects that work in 4.2, but not 4.3 or 4.4.
I have long forgotten the reason. Stick with the older version of you have to.

---- Dennis Seguine, Lead Principal Applications Engineer, Infineon

0 Likes

For old project I would recommend to stay with Creator 4.0, which is compatible with older versions. Projects, compiled under v4.1+ can not be reverted back. Particularly bad are 4.1 and 4.2, which corrupt older projects just by opening them.     

fvidal
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, thank you. I was doing the project for teaching purposes and all the other projects work with Creator 4.4 so it can be a bit strange for my students  if I switch to an older version for this project. But fortunatelly it is possible to have more than one version of Creator installed and I guess they also have to learn these things. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Maragani

hi @fvidal 

I would like to schedule a meeting with you , to check the functional misbehavior and code execution from your side.

Please share your email.

Thanks 

Sateesh M

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
fvidal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Maragani, thank you very much for you help. Before that meeting, let me say that I solved the problem and now the project is working with Creator 4.4. However, the solution is a bit tricky. I had an internal wire to connect the output of a comparator and the count input of a timer. Then I replaced that internal wire by an external connection, so I have now two digital pins connected to the output of the comparator and the count input of the timer, and I make the connection with an external wire. I attach both schematics. I do not know why this happens, there are not errors or warnings at building.

0 Likes
Maragani

hi @fvidal 

I checked the PSoC created source project files and didn't find any difference between V4.4 to V3.3. I am unbale to locate the cause of the issue. 

Since you already resolved the issue from your end, I am closing this case. 

Going forward please use ModusToolBox as the development environment for most of the PSoC device (PSOC6 & PSOC4).

Related to the device which you are using - CY8C4A45LQI as of now there is no support from MTB.

Kindly use PSOC Creator latest version for your projects  development. 

Thanks

Sateesh M

0 Likes